- This event has passed.
Leadership and Workforce Conference
May 16 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Aberdeen Development Corporation hosted a Leadership and Workforce Conference on Thursday May 16th, 2019, at The Dakota Event Center (DEC). The conference had 100 attendees from various types of businesses. The day offered sessions with Keynote Speakers as well as several breakout sessions.
Dr. Mary Kelly, internationally renowned author and keynote speaker on leadership, productivity, and business growth will present a session on her book, Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success, as well as an afternoon session titled, Why Leaders Fail – Deep Dive. Mary trained more than 40,000 military and civilian personnel during her 21 years as a Navy Intelligence and Logistics officer.
Dr. Ed Nichols, a certified Emergenetics associate, will provide a session titled, Generations in the Workplace: Are They Really Different?, and a second session on, Renew, Refocus and Reenergize Your Leadership. Ed has spend over 30 years and public education and currently works with school systems, healthcare organizations, business teams and non-profit groups in strategic planning and team development.
- Dr. Ed Nichols – Generations in the Workplace: Are They Really Different?
Breakout Session I
- Tracy Saathoff – Vice President of Insights, Strategy and Media – Lawrence and Schiller
- Using Digital & Social to Recruit More Employees
- Rick Edwards Talent Leadership Development
- Director of Community Connections – Northwestern Energy
Breakout Session II
- Panel: Britt Lorenz, Director of Career Services, Northern State University; Trisha Waldman, Associate Dean of Health and Natural Sciences, Presentation College; Julie Stevenson, Business Partner Specialist, Lake Area Technical Institute
- Recruiting 101: SD Post-Secondary Graduates
- Andy Rehder – Aberdeen Plant Manager – 3M
- The Art of Employee Engagement
- Dr. Mary Kelly – Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success
Afternoon Session I
- Dr. Ed Nichols – Renew, Refocus, Reenergize Your Leadership
Breakout Session III
- Debbie Streier – Vice President – Avera St. Luke’s Hospital
- Building an Employee Retention Engine
- Dr. Timothy Downs – President- Northern State University
- Communicating Your Vision: The Northern State University Story
Afternoon Session II
- Dr. Mary Kelly – Why Leaders Fail – Deep Dive